My client is a global financial services business who is looking to grow its Capital Markets team. This role could be based in either London, Manchester or Edinburgh and is part of a new headcount. The successful applicant will be joining a relatively small team reporting directly into the Head of Legal and will be the sole lawyer covering the Fixed Income securities trading and sales & brokerage business for EMEA.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:-
- providing timely advice and assistance to EMEA Capital Markets business, risk and compliance partners, and to EMEA Treasury function in respect of its securities trading activities;
- providing legal advice and assistance on new legislation and regulation, new markets, new products and product development;
- considering regulatory issues, including maintaining an understanding of existing and proposed regulatory requirements, trends and best practices for EMEA, and providing coverage for any regulatory implementation or remediation initiatives;
- maintaining understanding of US regulatory issues impacting the business through engagement US Legal department;
- considering proposed amendments to existing service terms, deal documents/structures and informal/formal knowledge-sharing within the EMEA Legal department
This role is best suited to a lawyer with at least 6 years PQE with fixed income securities trading, brokerage and capital markets-related disciplines. Experience with markets-related regulatory frameworks, in particular implementation and advisory roles on MIFID and FCA Rules would be of particular interest. The client is happy to consider someone who has been working on MIFID and Brexit migration projects and is looking to return to a perm role with a mix of DCM and secondary markets regulatory work.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.