The position involves reviewing and advising on:
- Global Custody and Depositary Agreements and associated documentation;
- Documents relating to other services provided by the asset servicing and digital business;
- Strategic project and product development work;
- Assisting the business on regulatory issues where necessary, including maintaining an awareness and understanding of existing and proposed regulatory requirements, trends and best practices in EMEA and where applicable, the US, and assisting the business in maintaining an appropriate profile with industry groups and others on key issues;
- Advising on legal negotiations and advising business colleagues, including at senior levels.
The ideal candidate will have 4-8 years of experience with custody matters and regulations such as CASS, MIFID, AIFMD and UCITS. Exposure to digital assets would be beneficial but not essential. The client is also happy to look at candidates with a banking background who is looking to move into a more custody focused role.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process, all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale this means your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.