The firms well regarded Corporate Department handles a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, private equity, and venture capital. Clients turn to the team for help with high-profile domestic, cross-border, and multi-jurisdictional projects. There is a requirement for someone to assist with and manage the process of corporate transactions and projects. The team collaborates yet maintains a high level of independence.
The successful Corporate/M&A Paralegal will have the responsibility of supporting partners and solicitors across the team and dealing with a range of transactional and non-transaction work these duties will include:
- Providing transactional support on corporate projects, managing electronic data rooms/sites, uploading, and ordering documentation.
- Liaising with and coordinating advice from other departments on projects and transactions.
- Due diligence and document review.
- Drafting of contracts and agreements.
- Signing and closing arrangements for financing transactions.
- Reviewing and negotiating reliance letters.
- Preparing bundles and bibles.
- Set up and management of data rooms.
- Attending underwriting calls.
- Legal Research.
Perhaps you're a potential trainee looking for paralegal experience before beginning your training contract, or perhaps you're an experienced paralegal looking to expand your knowledge and get new experience. In any event, your application should be able to demonstrate:
- Law degree or equivalent qualification essential, LPC desirable.
- A driven Paralegal with experience of working within a corporate team supporting on M&A transactions.
- Applications are also encouraged from those who have completed Vacation Schemes in Corporate/M&A or other transactional practice areas
- Exposure to Private Equity deals would be beneficial.
- Paralegals with transactional or finance experience are encouraged to also apply.
- Strong academics.
- The ability to pick up tasks and work autonomously.
The successful Corporate/M&A Paralegal will be offered a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience.
If you are a M&A Paralegal or have previous transactional experience in an alternative Practice area, apply today to find out more!