Your Key Responsibilities will include:-
- Providing legal advice and legal support to the EMEA-based Segregation business, which provides custody and margin management services to clients, assisting them in meeting their EMIR Initial Margin (IM) segregation requirements
- Project management of the flow of client contracts in relation to the Segregation business, including management of external vendors engaged to assist with the negotiation and execution of contracts;
- Structuring of Segregation-related transactions, the preparation, maintenance and negotiation of all contract templates, including ensuring that templates remain compliant with local law and regulation;
- Initial point of contact/support for designated product lines, including attendance at business acceptance committee and trustee committee meetings as applicable;
- Advising on legal aspects of developing new products and the implementation of strategic and regulatory change across Segregation in EMEA.
This role is best suited to a lawyer with 3-10 years PQE with trading and derivative products, custody or Prime Brokerage, structured products and a working knowledge of Markets regulatory frameworks. In-house legal and transactional banking operational experience at a global financial institution would be beneficial but not essential. The client is happy to train the successful candidate where necessary, they do not expect candidates to have experience in all aspects of the role. This position is a great opportunity to expand your experience and work directly with Global business heads soon after joining.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.