Our client is one of Europe’s leading and fastest growing payment providers. They are ambitious and are continuously looking to grow their team. The London office, in particular, is looking to recruit a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) to join their Legal and Compliance team.
The Role of a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
The new MLRO will be responsible for driving financial crime prevention and best practice across the business as well as wider compliance initiatives. This role will also see the new hire setting and embedding the anti-money laundering and anti-bribery and corruption agenda within the organisation. He/she will be working very closely with the business teams on this.
Currently, the team comprises of 3 lawyers including the General Counsel, Deputy Money Laundering Reporting Officer (DMLRO), 6-7 compliance professionals and KYC analysts.
To be considered for the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) role you must:
- Be a senior level compliance and financial crime compliance professional having operated as an MLRO and SMF17
- Have extensive experience in financial crime risk and operational compliance. Monitoring, testing and assurance experience is desirable but not essential.
- Have payments and/or financial services experience or well versed with a fin-tech or an FS regulated environment
- Be confident at influencing, Board and C Suite/Executive level.
- Have a Compliance qualification in financial crime ie. from the ICA and/or ACAMS.
- Be adaptable and flexible
- Be proactive
- Be innovative
- Have the ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally
- Have a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process, all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale this means your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.