The work includes litigation in the English courts, opposition and appeal proceedings at the European Patent Office, and the co-ordination of multi-jurisdictional litigation. Their main clients sit across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, and technology spaces.
The successful candidate will work on the full range of IP litigation tasks, primarily focusing on patent litigation. Typical tasks include but are not limited to:
- Analysing patents to identify validity and infringement arguments
- Drafting pre-action correspondence
- Meeting with fact witnesses and experts and preparing witness statements and expert reports
- Drafting applications and their supporting evidence
- Communicating with the client as to progress of matters and to take instructions
- Communicating with the Courts and other tribunals, and with foreign counsel
Candidates must be admitted as a solicitor or barrister in England and Wales or have an equivalent qualification in another jurisdiction and familiarity with English Court procedures.
Candidates must have:
- Strong experience in patent and/or technical trade secrets litigation
- A top-class academic record
- A strong technical and commercial background
- Demonstrable experience of team working and mentoring junior associates
- Good communication skills
- A desire to progress a career in patent litigation
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process, all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale this means your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.