We are currently recruiting for a top global US law firm which is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters.
The Restructuring Group is made up of 2 Partners, 3 Associates, 1 PSL and 1 Consultant. It is a standalone team which sits within, and works closely with, the firm's broader Banking & Finance Practice which comprises over 40 lawyers specialising in 15 distinct practice areas that best match the requirements of our global client base.
- Advising clients on a wide range of restructuring and insolvency-related matters, with a particular focus on advising companies, boards, insolvency practitioners, shareholders and creditors on restructurings, distressed investments and special situations transactions. Associates work in a collegiate environment, for a range of partners, and can expect a good variety of work.
- Associates are given regular and direct contact with clients, with a culture based on associates being given the level of responsibility they are ready for, rather than a PQE-based method of work allocation.
- Developing relationships with clients including gaining a good knowledge of the client’s businesses, economic drivers, market and sector requirements in order to ensure advice is relevant and commercial.
- There are regular opportunities for secondments with clients. Posting to other offices under the firm's associate transfer programme is also a possibility
- Engaging in business development activities and being active in the promotion of the firm including through membership of industry bodies and associations
- Working as part of a team including assisting with the supervision of junior lawyers’ work, and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience with the team
- A 2-4 years qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials
- Current experience in the restructuring / insolvency team of a leading City or US firm
- Genuine interest in the restructuring market and insolvency law
- Some experience in / knowledge of leveraged finance an advantage but not essential
- Excellent written communication and drafting skills
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to adapt style as required
If you wish to receive more information or be considered for the position, or others that may be suitable, please send your CV to or contact Anna Craig at email@example.com or 0207 400 2023.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process, all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale this means your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.