The team works on purely non-contentious matters and advises banks (traditional and challenger), investment firms (including broker-dealers and trading venues), asset managers, market infrastructure providers and other financial institutions on financial services law and regulation, including all major UK/EU regulatory regimes, including CRR/CRD, MiFID II, SMCR, MAR, EMIR, PSD2 and AIFMD.
The team regularly advises clients on their most strategic and challenging projects, including:
- structuring and authorisation of new businesses
- post-Brexit strategy and restructuring
- corporate governance and senior management responsibility
- regulatory change and commercial projects (including outsourcing)
- new business and product structuring
- client documentation and other financial sector contracts
- BAU regulatory and compliance matters
- high-value and complex financial sector M&A and other transactions
Successful candidates will have excellent academics (minimum 2:1 degree), approximately 1-4 years' experience in financial services regulatory work, with experience dealing with large, complex and multi-jurisdictional matters. You will be prepared to take initiative, embrace challenge and bring energy and drive to your work.
If you wish to receive more information or be considered for the position, or others that may be suitable, please send your CV to or contact Anna Craig at email@example.com or 0207 400 2023.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process, all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale this means your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.