The firm’s Private Equity & Funds teams advise on a broad range of corporate and funds transactions, with particular focus on private M&A, joint ventures, co-investments, secondaries, GP-led transactions and leveraged buy-outs. Their clients include both private equity houses, institutional investors and corporates across a range of sectors.
Their funds advisory work includes the legal, regulatory and tax aspects of establishing a fund; transactions entered into by such funds; secondary transfers of interests in funds; and restructurings of funds together with other matters that arise during the lifecycle of funds.
The group has a track record and expertise across a range of investment products, but with a particular focus on alternative investment funds such as real estate, infrastructure and private equity funds.
The firm is a leading, global law firm but doesn’t
The successful Private Equity & Funds Paralegal can look forward to:
- Reviewing draft fund documentation for institutional investors wishing to commit to alternative funds, and preparing due diligence reports setting out both findings and recommendations.
- Conducting verification exercises and preparing checklists in relation to prospectuses for listed funds when they raise capital.
- Assisting qualified lawyers to advise clients on secondaries transactions, including reviewing fund documents, preparing checklists, reviewing and negotiating transfer agreements, completing subscription documents, project managing the transfer process and the transaction closing.
- Assisting qualified lawyers to settle side letters between fund managers and investors.
- Capturing, collating and disseminating know-how affecting the team and its clients.
- Receiving original documents, collating them, producing bibles and re-packaging them for the client.
The ideal Private Equity & Funds Paralegal will:
- Possess 6 months’ + Corporate or Funds experience, e.g. reviewing fund documentation, managing CP checklists, producing bibles.
- Enjoy working on complex matters.
- Be keen to work as part of a small, collegiate team
The law firm offer a good work/life balance (not easy to come by in this space!) and a hybrid working policy of 40% in office, 60% remote. The successful Private Equity & Funds Paralegal will also receive an excellent remuneration, supportive working environment and lots of responsibility.
It is EJ Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. EJ Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy