Their Commercial litigation team is regularly involved in cutting edge high value disputes, many of which have an international element, and which include sectors such as Financial Services, Asset & film finance, Aviation, Construction, Hardware & software, Oil and gas, Partnership & shareholder disputes, Professional negligence, Sanctions/state immunity, Securities litigation, Shipping and international trade and Telecommunications & technology.
They are looking for a Managing Associate to join our busy and growing Commercial litigation team and can provide full support to the Partners in case management and business development, while helping to mentor other colleagues.
In the context of the above, successful candidates are expected:
- To manage all client work allocated by the Partners and other solicitors within the Group and sometimes across the wider Department
- Excellent case management skills and can run client matters (or parts of larger matters) with minimal assistance from Partners
- Client focussed with an ability to command the trust and confidence of our clients who expect a first class service
- Ability to lead and supervise more junior members of the team under supervision from the Partners
- An interest in mentoring and supporting junior team members with their professional development both formally (through internal training sessions) and informally
- Comfortable with undertaking business development both internally and externally
- A proven track record in meeting standard hours for time recording and consistently contributes within their group
- Demonstrates the ability to secure repeat work from internal and/or external clients by technical ability
- To maintain clear communication links with colleagues in the Firm
- To ensure good working relationships with colleagues, clients and external organisations
- Excellent team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Ability to manage cases on a day-to-day basis, and lead and supervise more junior team members
- Ability to effectively manage own workload
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
- Desire to build a practice and utilise contacts for business development
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Pro-active and takes initiative
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process, all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale this means your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.